Summer 2024 MLT Internship
February 7, 2024
Mendocino Land Trust Conservation and Trails Internship
Applications Due by 5 PM on Thursday, March 7, 2024
Description: The intern will work as part of MLT’s Stewardship Team on a variety of conservation, stewardship, habitat restoration, and public access trail projects in Mendocino County. These projects will include: stewardship of MLT’s coastal trails and preserves, volunteer event coordination, conservation easement monitoring, new trail planning and construction, and report writing. The intern will also assist with various administrative duties, including grant and permit preparation. The position will report to Anna Bride, Stewardship Project Manager, and will work closely with other members of staff. The internship will last 10 weeks, from mid-June to mid-August (exact dates to be determined). The internship comes with a $6,000 stipend. There is a $600 flat cost for utilities and housing for the 10 weeks.
- Help care for and maintain MLT’s coastal trails and preserves
- Assist staff with social media and outreach efforts
- Assist staff with documentation of land stewardship and restoration activities
- Coordinate volunteer events
- Produce maps for projects or assist with mapping
- Assist with conservation easement monitoring
- Conduct field work and office research to support restoration and forestry projects
- Research and prepare grant and permit documents
- Passion for natural resource protection and restoration, desire to learn, and a preference for taking initiative.
- Interest in living and working on the rugged and remote Northern California Coast.
- Ability and desire to work indoors in an office setting.
- Ability and desire to spend full days working outside in the field, occasionally hiking in rugged conditions.
- Travel to the office in Fort Bragg from the intern’s place of housing will be by the intern’s personal transportation.
- Intern should have the clothing and personal gear necessary to work outside.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Anna Bride at email@example.com, In your cover letter, make sure to address the following:
Why are you interested in an internship with the Mendocino Land Trust?
How will your past experience benefit the Land Trust during your internship?
About Mendocino Land Trust
The Mendocino Land Trust conserves and restores habitat, scenic areas and working lands while also providing public access to beautiful places.
Visit mendocinolandtrust.org to learn more about our work.
For a brief history of our internship program and testimonials, click here.
You may also use the “handshake tool” to apply with this link.